The Name change updation in university records will be approved based on the notifications of Government Gazette. Name Change Updation will be effected by the Controller of Examinations, Anna University, Chennai only for Certificates issued on or after the date of Gazette notification.

The candidates need to apply for Name change updation in University records by submitting the following documents:

  1. Filled in application form (Download application) forwarded by the Principal of respective college along with the processing fee.
  2. Government Gazette that includes the applicant’s change of name. (First page and the page in which the name has been changed).
  3. HSC / SSLC marksheet and Previous semester marksheet. [First year / Lateral Entry students need to submit the attested copy of Hall Ticket].

Collection of RRA Fees

The Centre for Student Affairs, Anna University receives the admission approval orders from the Directorate of Technical Education, who have been admitted in the First year degree courses in all the Govt./Govt.Aided/Self Financing Engineering colleges affiliated to Anna University.

Learn More

Student Grievance Redressal

Grievance Redressal Cell has been constituted by Anna University in accordance with the University Grants Commission regulations and the Director, Centre for Student Affairs is acting as Nodal Officer for the Grievance Redressal Cell of Anna University.

Learn More


Guidelines for application and the procedures for Break of Study, Name Change Updation of students, College Transfer between Engineering colleges, Readmission Procedures after break of study, Applying Provisional Eligibility Certificate

Learn More